Who can vote?
You can vote in the Township of Blandford-Blenheim municipal election if you are:
- a Canadian citizen; and,
- at least 18 years old; and,
- a resident in the Township of Blandford-Blenheim; or,
- a non-resident in the Township of Blandford-Blenheim, but you or your spouse own or rent property here; and,
- not prohibited from voting under any law.
Who cannot vote?
You are prohibited from voting if you are:
- serving a sentence of imprisonment in a penal or correctional institution;
- a corporation;
- acting as executor or trustee or in another representative capacty, except as voting proxy;
- convicted of a corrupt practice described in section 90 (3) of the Municipal Elections Act, 1996.
Identification to vote:
Remember to bring one piece of ID showing your name and qualifying Blandford-Blenehim Township address. You do not need to bring your Voter Information Card. Voter Information Card cannot be used as a piece of ID.
If you don't have ID, but your name is on the Voter's List, you will be required to sign a Declaration of Identity to receive a ballot.
If you don't have ID, and are not on the Voter's List, you will be asked to return with your ID in order to receive a ballot.
Check here to see what may be used as ID: acceptable documents for voter identification.
Where do I vote?
There are 5 polling locations:
- Bright Fire Hall, 886277 Oxford Road 8, Bright.
- Drumbo Agricultural Hall, 42 Centre Street, Drumbo.
- Innerkip Community Centre, 695566 Oxford Road 5, Innerkip.
- Plattsville Arena Lion's Hall, 68 Mill Sreet East, Plattsville.
- Princeton Centennial Hall, 39 Main Street South, Princeton.
The Voter Information Card you receive in early October will state which polling location you should attend. If you have questions regarding this, please call us at 519-463-5347.
Unable to personally cast your ballot? You may appoint a voting proxy:
A voting proxy is someone you may appoint to act on your behalf who is also an eligible voter in the municipality. To appoint a voting proxy, you and the person you want to vote for you must fill out two copies of the Appointment for Voting Proxy Form, available at the Township Office or by request. You must know who you want to appoint as your proxy when you fill out the forms.
Township of Blandford-Blenheim Voter's List:
The Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) maintains the Voters' List for all Ontario municipalities.
Before an election, MPAC provides each municipality with a preliminary Voters' List based on information obtained through its enumeration list. The Municipality then shares this list with its voters to make sure it's complete and accurate.
In the Four Years between Elections:
MPAC works to maintain the Voters' List and makes revisions based on information they receive about owner or occupant information for properties in the Township of Blandford-Blenheim.
Add or Remove Occupants from Your Property
Did you move from a home you owned, to a rental property?
Have your adult children permanently left home?
Do you have new tenants?
If you answer yes to one of these questions, you may need to update the occupancy or school board support information for your property.
Update Your Information at voterlookup.ca