Visit our Newsroom for updates and cancellation information pertaining to concerns over COVID-19


Planning and Development

The Oxford County Community Planning Office provides a variety of planning services for the eight area municipalities that comprise the County. A planner is assigned to the Township of Blandford-Blenheim to respond to development inquires and provide professional planning advice and recommendations on all types of planning applications, including:

The Planning Office is also responsible for developing and maintaining the County Official Plan and Township Zoning By-law, growth forecasts and land inventories, mapping, development charges and special planning related projects and programs, such as Community Improvement Plans and Urban Design guidelines. For further information regarding County planning services please visit the County of Oxford Community Planning Webpage.

Applications, Fees and Information

Township fees related to building and planning applications are designed, in part, to recover costs associated with processing these applications. A list of planning fees can be found under our Fees and Charges. Depending on the type of structure being built, additional fees may apply.

Citizen's Guides to Land-Use Planning:

The Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing (MMAH) has developed a series of Citizens’ Guides to Land-Use Planning. The guides are user-friendly and provide helpful information about Ontario's planning system. To view or download copies of these guides, please visit MMAH Citizens' Guides to Land Use Planning website.

Minor Variance

A minor variance is a small variation from the requirements of the zoning by-law. A minor variance approval is a certificate of permission, because it allows the property owner to obtain a building permit even though their property does not comply precisely with the zoning by-law. Under Section 45(1) of the Planning Act there are four tests a minor variance must meet:

  1. Is the variance minor?
  2. Is the variance desirable for the appropriate development of the lands in question?
  3. Does the variance conform to the general intent of the Zoning By-law?
  4. Does the variance conform to the general intent of the Official Plan?

The fee for a minor variance application can be found in our current Fees and Charges chart.

Prior to submitting your minor variance application and payment, please contact our Planner, Dustin Robson, at 519-539-9800 ext. 3211 or via email at

Minor Variance Application Form

Zone Change

A zone change is a process that changes the permitted use of land and/or the specific manner in which land is regulated (i.e. setback, height, etc.). A zone change application is required to maintain the intent and purpose of the County Official Plan.

The fee for a zone change can be found in our current Fees and Charges Chart.

Zone Change Application Form

Site Plan Agreements

If you are applying for a building permit and your property is subject to the Site Plan Control you may be required to enter into a Site Plan Control Agreement with the Township. A site plan control agreement may also be required in conjunction with an application for zone change, a minor variance or severance. Depending on the size of development, specific fees may apply. Please read the Township's Site Plan Control By-law and Site Plan Control Guidelines for additional information.

The fee for a Site Plan Agreement or Site Plan Amendment can be found in our current Fees and Charges Chart. An additional deposit also applies.

Site Plan Control Application Form.

Township Staff
Chief Building Official
John Scherer
Phone: 519-462-2697 (East Zorra Tavistock Office)
Fax: 519-463-5881
Building Inspector / Property Standards Enforcement Officer
Ray Belanger
Phone: 519-463-5347 ex 7429
Fax: 519-463-5881
Dustin Robson
Phone: 519-539-9800 ex 3211
Drainage Superintendent
Jim Harmer
Phone: 519-463-5347 ex 7433
Fax: 519-463-5881
Rodger Mordue
Phone: 519-463-5347 ex 7427
Fax: 519-463-5881
Deputy Clerk
Sarah Matheson
Phone: 519-463-5347 ex 7422
Fax: 519-463-5881

Director of Finance/Treasurer
Denise Krug
Treasury, Budgeting, Financial Reporting & Planning
Phone: 519-463-5347 ex 7424
Fax: 519-463-5881
Deputy Treasurer/Revenue Co-ordinator
Katie Koski
Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Property Tax Administrator
Phone: 519-463-5347 ex 7425
Fax: 519-463-5881
Finance/ Customer Service Clerk
Shanna Kamenar
Phone: 519-463-5347 ex 7421
Fax: 519-463-5881

Director of Protective Services
Fire Chief
Rick Richardson
Phone: 519-463-5347 ex 7423
Fax: 519-463-5881
Protective Services Administrator
Michelle VanWyk
Protective Services Administration / CEMC
Phone: 519-463-5347 ex 7432
Fax: 519-463-5881
Director of Public Works
Jim Borton
Phone: 519-463-5347 ex 7426
Fax: 519-463-5881
Road Supervisor
Ben Minutillo
Drumbo Shop: 519-463-5389
Manager of Community Services
Trevor Baer
Arena Contact, Maintenance Lead
Phone: 519-684-7482
Fax: 519-684-6886